Selected abstracts are included in the conference programme as one of the following:
- ZOral presentation
- ZModerated poster
- ZGeneral poster
Abstracts also appear in the official conference programme and in the conference scientific journal – a special supplement of Heart BMJ.
If selected the submitter (or a colleague) must be available to attend the conference and present the abstract and / or be available to answer questions at the poster sessions. If a selected abstract is not presented / represented at the conference, the submitter will be prohibited from having an abstract considered for inclusion the following year.
Please read the following guidelines before submitting your abstract:
Upper Case letters only. Maximum 250 characters including spaces.
Maximum 3000 characters including spaces.
Maximum of two tables.
Maximum of two images.
Abstracts should be structured with a brief introduction, explanation of basic methods, results and conclusions / implications.
Abstracts should be placed in one of the following categories:
|General to include:
Congenital / Paediatrics / Resuscitation Science /Quality of Care/ Outcomes / Health Tech / Informatics
|CAD and Revascularisation
|Arrythmia and EP
|Heart Failure / Cardiomyopathy
|Imaging (Echo, CT MRI)
|Prevention / Rehabilitation
|Basic Science / Vascular Biology / Genetics / Genomics
|Surgical / Structural
Brian Maurer Young Investigator Award (BMYIA) Eligibility Criteria:
Entries for the BMYIA are accepted through the abstract submission process with four finalists shortlisted to present their work as part of the annual meeting scientific programme. The winner is awarded €5,000 and the BMYIA commemorative medal.
The Brian Maurer Young Investigator Award is supported by Servier Laboratories Ireland Ltd
Those submitting for the BMYIA must:
- ZBe currently in cardiology (or related) training or within 3 years of attaining a substantive senior position in Cardiology/Cardiovascular medicine or allied professions.
- ZBe the first author & have carried out the bulk of the work being submitted.
- ZProvide background, a hypothesis, a methods, results and conclusions.
- ZSubmitted work must be completed.
- ZSubmitted work must not be a case report or an audit.
- ZThose wishing to be considered for the young investigator award please should tick the relevant box.